You can now upload videos as Pins!
Pinterest video has previously been available but only if you paid to play and promoted the video Pins. Since Pinterest UK including video it has become a hugely effective part of your Pinning planning and strategy. We are going to show you a few simple and easy ways to make beautiful, effective video Pins!
First though, let’s talk about why video needs to be part of your online marketing strategy and something you really can’t avoid or ignore.
Why Video Marketing is important
- * Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- In 2019 internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic.
- Businesses using video marketing grow revenue 40% faster than non-video users.
- Video can increase landing page conversions (people to click through to the product page or blogpost you want them to land on) by 80% or more.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than texts and images combined.
What types of Pinterest videos work well?
Recipe ‘how-tos.’ Quick and easy as seen on Instagram stories and Facebook. Craft or DIY videos on how to make something inspire people to be creative. Think about how your video can inspire your audience to take action.
The goal with a Pinterest video is to show your content in a different format that hooks in the user.
How to make a perfect Pinterest video
- Keep it simple: Don’t make it too complicated.
- Keep it short: under one minute, 30 seconds works really well.
- Not too wordy: Don’t make people read too much.
- Pinterest is a visual platform. Pinterest accounts have their own individual style and branding stick with this and look at tweaking your style for each video
- Stay focussed: Showcase one idea and subject for each video.
- Add music to hold attention – for royalty free music try soundstripe
- Include a call to action at the end of your videos. This could be to receive a special offer, come to an event or subscribe to an email list.
note: you can’t use Tailwind to schedule Pinterest videos but it’s in the pipeline!
Upload a video you have taken in portrait mode on your phone
Go to the ‘+’ icon top right, then ‘Create Pin’ to drag & drop or click to upload your video.
How to create a Pinterest video using CANVA.
STEP 1 – Use CANVA to create your Pin with text overlay and your logo Use the Pinterest Graphic template to ensure you make the optimum size.
STEP2 – Download the image as animation – animated movie or GIF. You do need the pro version of CANVA but as it has lots of other extras too it’s well worth the investment.
STEP 3 – Go to the ‘+’ icon top right, then ‘Create Pin’ to add your video.
Repurpose video to make fresh Pins.
If you have already made a video previously for Instagram ie a stop motion then create a Pin on CANVA with text overlay and your logo and add the video.