How to Grow Your Email List With Pinterest
Pinterest is such an effective marketing tool at driving web traffic to your online business. Having implemented our tips, tricks and strategies for our own businesses and our clients it has become the number one traffic driver for all!
Pinterest is also a great way to grow your email list and for this, you also need to implement a few easy tips, tricks and strategies!
Why an email list is so important for ANY business
You do not own your social media channels and therefore have no control over them. All social media platforms can change and switch things whenever they choose. Frustratingly, this can dramatically affect your visibility despite all your hard work and efforts. Luckily, you do have control of your mailing list. So, even if tomorrow, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter changes something so that only three people ever see your content again, you’ll still have an email list full of loyal followers who are ready and waiting to hear from you, see your content and open your emails.
Create a lead magnet that solves a problem and helps your perfect customer
A lead magnet is an incentive to offer potential clients in exchange for their email address. Lead magnet ideas for creative businesses include:
- A discount on first purchase
- A giveaway
- Toolkit and resource lists
- Checklist guide on how to use your product or service
- Guides to look after your products (ie. 10 tips to care for your succulents)
- Video ‘how-tos’
- Free trial for a service
How to create a lead magnet using Mailchimp
Create a campaign > Landing page > Choose your template (we use ‘grow your list’) > customise your landing page include an image and info on what they’re signing up for > Add your audience
Here are the lead magnets we have created using Mailchimp
Create a perfect PIN that sends people directly to your email sign up landing page.
- Use Canva to create the perfect size Pin – 600 x 900 px
- Include a clear, beautifully styled image of your product or service
- Use text overlay – include a special detail of your product or service.
- Include a ‘call to action’ click here..discover..win..sign up…etc
- Now add a link from your Pin to your landing page!
- Make several ‘eye-catching’ Pins for each lead magnet you create.
- Save your Pins to different and relevant boards on your account.
Keep in touch!
Once people have signed up make sure you send them useful emails, regularly. Nurture your subscribers like your special community by offering tips and sending valuable content in your emails.